Monday, May 2, 2011

Wow, it's been an amazing couple days! I just got back from Women's Retreat yesterday. It was exhausting, but totally worth it. I got to help lead worship and also speak a bit about worship and what God has been teaching me. It was quite a battle for me to be up there and It was especially stretched when Jen, the worship leader, lost her voice and Elizabeth and I had to do quite a bit more singing than we were planning on...but God really worked it out and we all grew through that experience. :)God has been speaking to me a lot about direction for the future, and He has been giving me dreams that are bigger than the ones I have for myself. Haha! He even used one of the women at retreat to confirm to me that that dream is from Him. He is so good! I also had a lady prophecy over me and what she said was right on with what God has been speaking to me. It's so amazing to me that God can speak to us in so many ways. I've had so many opportunities to share with people what God has done in my life through YWAM and I know a lot of young people who are very interested in doing a DTS! I had a job interview with Discovery Outfitters (Which is now Peak7) about two weeks back and they hired me! Hooray!!! It's going to be another amazing, extremely stretching, wonderful summer on the river! And they are now based out of Prineville, so I get to be closer to my family. It's going to be very different that last summer and I'm so excited to see what God is going to do! I start working on May 30th. I've also been accepted at Northwest University in Kirkland, WA! I'm going to be heading up there in August where I'll be studying Nursing. One of the big reasons I chose NU is because of their emphasis on cross-cultural nursing. That's exactly what I want to do, and I'm excited that all of their professors have experience in international medical work! They even require that all seniors spend a month in a cross-cultural setting that integrates faith and nursing. I'm really excited about the next couple months, there's going to be a lot of new things happening and it's all going to be quite an adventure :)I just want to leave you with something I read that has really stuck with me:"We need to develop and nurture a passion, a hunger, a thirst, a longing, a love for the delight and thrilling enjoyment of walking day-by-day with our King and beholding His beauty and goodness which is found in the face of Jesus Christ."

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you, Amber. You are facing into your fears and they are running from you! That is the best way to overcome the enemy of our souls. Don't let him keep you trapped in fears! I wish I had been so wise when I was your age. :o) We are praying for you very much. God has awesome plans for your life. Much love and prayers ~ Safta ~

    ReplyDelete