Saturday, March 13, 2010

I've been really busy helping at the school this week. My favorite things I help with are; having Kindergardners read to me (they are so ADORABLE!), helping with 1st grade and practicing with the high school band! But I also help with like five other classes. It's so cool, it's like a whole school of Missionary kids and pastor kids! =)
Russ, Greg and Mike came back from Nicaragua on Thursday. It sounds like they had a pretty amazing time there.
Today we went to Camp Brittney to help a team from South Carolina with a day camp for kids from Los Guido. It was so hot, and I got a pretty bad sunburn. We helped the kids dye eggs and played soccer and had lots of other activities. I love being there but sometimes I feel so helpless because I can't really comunicate with the kids much =( It can be frustrating.
I went to youth group tonight with some friends from the school. It was fun, and we got free pizza!
It's starting to feel more and more like home here. But I do miss Prineville and all you guys!
Wow, there was an earthquake just now! At least I think that's what is was...it wasn't as big as last time and everyone else is asleep, cause it's like 11:30 here, so I'm not sure.
Well, it's really late and I'm tired so goodbye!
Buenos Noches =)

3 comments:

  1. We're so glad you are having a great time. I'm sure you are ministering to the kids in ways you can't even imagine. Thanks for being God's hands and voice there. We love you and pray God's direction and protection for you every day. We love you! Saba

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Amber,
    I am enjoying reading your blog so much! You are doing so many wonderful things there. I am sure the children are falling in love with you!! You are communicating more to them without words than you will ever know, just by smiling and loving on them. But I know how you feel about being frustrated because that's the way I felt when we lived in Israel. There was so much more I wanted to be able to say. I makes learning the language an even higher goal, doesn't it!!
    We have had so much fun getting acquainted with precious Gracie!! She is such a little sweetheart. She is very calm and quiet. She has lots of black hair like her mommy and she's very petit. Micah just adores her! He wants to hold her all the time. ;o)
    Well, your dad and brothers will be down there soon. I know they are getting pretty excited too. We love you and are so proud of you.
    Blessings Abundant! Love, Safda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amber!
    Thanks so much for becoming a follower of our blog. I love reading your blog! It's so awesome that you are in Costa Rica! Great job listening to God's plan for your life. =] My sister right now is in Uganda, Africa and she absolutely loves it. Her heart is definitely there. From what Preston has told Keegan and I, it sounds like you and my sister have the same mission's heart. Great job Amber! I look forward to reading your many more blogs =]

    -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete