Thursday, March 25, 2010

Wow, there's a lot to catch up on....
On Monday I got to teach 4th grade all morning! That was really fun =) I love those kids.
The team got here Monday night! It's so nice to have friends and family here.
Jessica and I went to school with Diana Tuesday morning and helped with a couple classes. Then we went home and prepared stuff for V.B.S. and went on a nice "little hike" up the road. We found fossils and took some good pics.
Yesterday we did V.B.S. with the kids in the morning, then we did chapel with the youth after lunch. I really enjoyed doing both of those. The little kids have started calling me Ambersita, which is like a term of endearment =) They are so sweet!
We had an ER concert last night at the school!!! All my friends from the school really like the concert and they liked my brothers and friends =)there was even some moshing....haha. We had pizza and played games and talked a lot after the concert. It was a really good and sad time cause it was my last time hanging out with my new friends =( I'm going to miss them so much! More than I even know how to say. It's a whole group of friends who are all so close to each other, they're like all brothers and sisters. Even if I come back next year more than half of my friends won't be here. They'll be in Chile or Peru or wherever their family is heading.
This morning we did a worship service for the adults. Then some of us went to an orphanage! It was a really good experience. I did some face painting and got to just hold the little babies.
Now we're heading back to the school to have a chapel thing for the teachers.

7 comments:

  1. Yay Amber! It sounds like you are having so much fun. Thanks for the update! I'm sorry that you had to say good bye to your new friends. However, it's awesome to know that the impact you guys have made on each others' lives will still with you forever.

    What exactly do you teach down there?

    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm having lots of fun! It was really hard to say good bye.
    I was teaching math, science, vocabulary and other stuff to 4th graders on Mon. and lots of other things to different classes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'm having lots of fun! It was really hard to say good bye.
    I was teaching math, science, vocabulary and other stuff to 4th graders on Mon. and lots of other things to different classes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, that's awesome. So you are like a full out teacher. Is that what you want to do as a future career? A missionary teacher?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not really lol, I just do whatever the teachers tell me to do, I don't really know how to teach. But I've really enjoyed it! I never really thought about being a teacher until I came here, but I'm definately considering it now. I think I want to be a missionary doctor though! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! That would be awesome. There is such a need out there too! My sister wanted to, or still wants, to be a missionary but she wants to learn a skill like that so she can be most effective. For awhile she looked at doing an EMT program so she could help people medically, but I'm not sure what happened with that whole idea. =]
    But it's awesome, keep up the great work! I'm praying for all you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know! I would love to be able to help people physically and spiritually! Thanks for praying =)

    ReplyDelete